Thursday, January 19, 2012

Progress

Nothing but good news this evening! I've successfully been making "green smoothies" as well as protein shakes with brnd new blender. The consistency is doable and I'm actually enjoying the taste. I've been playing around with what to include and I think that pears are really important!! But I'm thinking I may invest in a book on smoothies just to learn more and experiment a little. If you have any recommendations, let me know!

 My workouts are going well. No treadmills were available this afternoon (damnn those New-Years-resolution-people.. Just kidding... Kinda) so I jumped on the track. Sixteen times around was a mile. Luckily I'm only getting back into running and I was only going run a mile. But I ran sooo much faster than what I set the treadmill on. It also gives me hope that with a little speed work, I could actually be faster. The Pilates reformer class has really increased in intensity and I know that I'm going to feel todays class tomorrow! My shoulder is bothering me a little butnim heading back to the pool Saturday morning. I'm slowing increasing the number of workouts so I'll be in the pool two mornings next week.

 In totally unrelated news, I found the coolest sleep app for the iPhone. It's called Sleep Cyle. You put your phone on your bed and it figures out your sleep stage based on your movement in the bed. Using that information, the phone will wake you up within 30 minutes of your alarm when you are close wakefulness based on your movement. It prevents a harsh or jolting wake up. I tried it last night and it worked well. I'll try it again for a while and learn some more about my sleep patterns.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about my changes and efforts. I'm already planning on cleaning out my kitchen this weekend as well as trying out two recipes (I'm jonesing for the butternut squash casserole already!) Maybe three depending on how motivated I feel. I'm also going to check out books on smoothies!

No comments:

Post a Comment