Monday, January 9, 2012

I fell in love with spinning... again

I took my first spinning class a few months ago after triathlon training was done for the most part. I loved spinning class. I went three times each week and got a wonderful workout. It was one of the core reasons why I lost 30 pounds this year! But when I hit a weight-loss plateau, I thought that if I took a break from spinning and do some other exercises, it would jump start my weight loss again. But instead I slowed down and I stopped working out bit by bit.Over  Christmas, I ended up taking a 3 week break from working out.

So with the new year starts the new workout schedule and today it was back in the saddle. I couldn't stop smiling for the first 30 minutes in spinning class. Each song rocked and I pushed and pushed myself. And then the first twinge - that I wasn't quite as fit as I used to be. My heart rate was higher than I thought it should be and my muscles weren't working as hard as I used to be able to. My stomach was telling me that I was pushing myself.  And I loved the feeling knowing I was pushing myself beyond my limits again. I still can't stop smiling!

You know that stinky sweat that comes out of you when you haven't worked out in a while? Yeah... I smell. Andrea, there's a reason why I didn't wait for you after your Pilates class! Thank god I live by myself.

My muscles are tired and protest being used to get me from the kitchen to the couch... god that feels good again.Is there such a thing as spinning class high??

Oh, and funny German coincidence. In German, "spinnen" is the verb "to be crazy." My parents (who live in Germany, are German, speak German...) love to use the play on words. My dad will ask me "Did you spin today" and just chuckle like he just made the funniest joke. Yeah, dad... I spinned today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment