Saturday, January 14, 2012

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I have found that scheduling workouts is a very personal decision - in that no one schedule will fit everyone. Some people like to get up in the morning, others shy away from ever getting a workout in before work. I'm really struggling with trying to juggle everything that I want to do... Ideally, I'd like to swim twice a week, run twice a week, bike three times a week, and continue to do Pilates Reformer twice a week. Yeah... that's two, four, seven...NINE workouts. And let's not pretend that I'm that excited about spending so much time working out! There's a lot of TV and knitting time I also need to schedule!!! Oh, and sleeping. Perhaps a shower or two. What's going to happen to the pile of books I want to read?

Seven days a week and nine workouts... With at least one day off, that means at least three days I'm going to have double up on the workouts.

Spinning/biking as well as the Pilates Reformer classes are set in stone...hmmm.... I can throw in a run before the Pilates Reformer class and a swim workout on Saturday/Sunday since more lanes will be open. But I still end up with one swim workout that needs to be done during the week. With all the swim teams taking up most of the lanes during the time I would like to swim, this means one morning workout a week. I think that's doable... Right, well... that's done now.

And what are the chances that I'm going to stick to 9 workouts a week? Well, stay tuned and find out! I'll be updating my daily mile so you can keep me on track :)


No comments:

Post a Comment