Sunday, September 9, 2012

Three weeks in Savannah

I've been delaying a new blog post because I didn't think that I had any pictures to share. But my mom made a comment about how long it's been since I've made a blog post and I peeked at my phone's camera, I figured I may have some pics to share. But low and behold, I had more pics than I thought! 'Cause blogs without pics are frankly just a bit boring.

So during my first week here in Savannah, I spent the week trying to set up the apartment. But first, I spent an afternoon with my favorite beer that's not available in Kentucky:

*GASP* A beer with lunch!
I grabbed this beer at Uncle Bubba's here on Wilmington Island. Why does that name sound so familiar, you ask? Because Bubba is Paula Deen's brother. I had a lovely discussion with the waitress who informed me that I was now a "local" and am eligible for a loyalty card. And then gave me some tips on where the cool "local" spots are. I'm getting the feeling that being "local" is status around here...

After the beer and some waves (yeah, I bought myself a bogey board,) I settled in at home to do some building... building IKEA furniture!!!

Step on of the chest of drawers
And here is the final version... sorry of the lighting. I'm no professional.
The final version
By the time I got to this, I was a pro!

But don't worry, I didn't spend all my time inside. I did get to manage to get to the beach and work on my tan and my bogey boarding skills almost daily. 
Pretty lighthouse on Tybee Island
First day on the beach
Three weeks into settling into my new apartment, things are going really well. I'm heading to Charleston, SC tomorrow to complete a three day orientation for work (never mind I've been working for the same company for 6 years now.) I've already started off really well at work and enjoy a lot of the people I work with. It's a nice environment and so far I haven't identified a back-stabbing untrustworthy co-worker. But I'm keeping my eyes open.

And my parents have arrived! They've settled into Hilton Head Island. They visited yesterday and helped me put up some pictures and helped find some great accessories for the apartment. It's really beginning to feel like home now, thanks to their help!!

I promise to be a little more diligent about taking pictures and updating the blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment