Sunday, February 5, 2012

A month in reflection

It's amazing that it's only been 4 weeks since I've started the Wholesome Chef classes. This is going to sound cheesy, but the last few weeks have really been life changing. My whole definition of what it means to eat healthy has completely changed. Four weeks ago, I thought eating healthy was low carb, high protein, and monitoring fats. My definition of health eating has completely changed. Some of the highlights:

  • changed from regular salt to sea salt
  • no refined sugar in the house - all healthier alternatives
  • no refined flour in the house - again, whole grain alternatives
  • reorganized the entire kitchen to make room for all the alternatives
  • bought enough tupperware to house all the yummy recipes to house all the food made with said alternatives
  • read and learned more about a whole-food diet
  • quit drinking coffee
  • make a green smoothie every morning
  • started this blog
  • cut my hair (a good 6 inches off) this week
  • created an organization of all my recipes so they are available on ipad and iphone for shopping
  • learned a whole lot more about Kroger and Whole Foods with multiple trips each weekend
  • ate kale, quinoa, swiss chard for the first time
  • voluntarily bought brussel sprouts (to make this week!)
  • ate 2 weeks of homemade food without almost any processed foods
Of course, I can't stop now! In order to keep and build upon all that I've learned, I have the following goals:
  • take one Wholesome Chef class a month
  • try one new recipe each week
  • buy a for Elmwood Farm share (fresh organic vegetables for 22 weeks)
  • keep learning
I imagine that I'll continue blogging about new recipes and new things that I have learned. But as with all things, I'll get a more balanced focus. So you'll start to hear more about my traithlon training, weight loss, as well as nutrition. 

A lot of people have told me that they have been trying the recipes on here which makes me super excited! I'm so glad that my journey has helped others find some good recipes. I know how difficult that can be.

2 comments:

  1. No coffee? That is a deal breaker for me!

    I loved the Quinoa salad. I have my eye on those dessert recipes next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It Sounds like you adopted a healthy life style. I like it! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete