Sunday, May 6, 2012

Another boost in confidence

This morning ended up being an incredible morning for a bike ride. Sadly, Andrea was out of commission for today and I had a choice to go for a bike ride by myself (the first time EVER) or go swim instead. I settled for a ride by myself.

I headed out from my home into the country roads outside of Lexington. It was beautiful - sunny and coolish. The animals were out...I saw baby horses (yes, I know they're foals,) some turkey vultures, cows, alpaca, and all sorts of birds.

I also high underestimated the hilliness of the ride. BUT, it was likely the best thing that could have happened to me considering I'm only a few weeks away from the dreaded Atlanta hills. There were sooo many hills today that I know I have the conditioning to make it up any hill that comes my way!!

Now I'm off to celebrate the college graduation of a colleague's daughter -  a great day all in all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment